Re: bushings and bearings

To: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: bushings and bearings
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 97 09:00:54 -0400
Just to add to the discussion. I replaced the springs in the Midget
several years ago. and used the Jack-On-The-Pan method. As I recall
(being an OF not perfect) the Midget spring extends anbout 1-2" below the
A-Arm when fully released. The rebound bush at the top is about the same
length so the chances are slim but NOT impossible for the spring to take
a fly. Or maybe that is the length of the lowered springs I put on at the
time? Regardless the chain idea is a good one and one I will practice and
suggest to others.

Larry Macy
78 Midget