Re: Brake fluid

To: barneymg@juno.com
Subject: Re: Brake fluid
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:32:19 -0500
Since we are on the subject, how does one "flush out" the brake system?
Does this just mean pushing new fluid through the system?  Is there some
sort of solvent to be used? Special equipment? Do you put all new seals
in when you do it?   I know well enough not to use brake cleaner as a
solvent--   I once dropped a old rubber brake cylinder piston in some
brake cleaner and watched it swell up to the size of a silver dollar.

Since I am using silicone in my MGA's brake system, I haven't had to
flush it out nor had any problems for ten years (did have to replace some
M/C seals last year, though).

David Littlefield
Houston, TX