Re: Brake fluid

To: Skye Poier <skye@jungle.direct.ca>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:51:23 +0100
Skye Poier wrote:

> Word on the street is that dmeadow@juno.com (dmeadow@juno.com) said:
> > Since we are on the subject, how does one "flush out" the brake system?
>
> You can get some products to make your life easier, like an EZ-Bleed, but
> its not necessary.

I like my EZ-Bleed so much I'll give it to you if you stop by the house.
The only provisio is that you do not return it nor say bad things about
me if it leaks and eats the paint.

The Mighty-Vac is better, if not perfect, and even if there is a leak it
leaks on the floor and not the paint.

Didn't I hear the proper way to flush a hydraulic system is with
compressed air followed by denatured alcohol and more compressed air?
And, of course, you have to dismantle, clean, and rebuild the master and
all slave/wheel cylinders.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"However, I must agree with Bob Allen" -- Larry Unger, Sept. 15, 1997