RE: engine considerations - Time?

To: "'Skip Kelsey'" <kelsey@value.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: engine considerations - Time?
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:19:50 -0500
Listers:
What's the average time for a B engine rebuild? I know there are lots of =
variables here, but for a good, "I've never done this before", take your =
time and do it right but don't dawdle rebuild, how many "man-hours" =
er..., "person-hours" ;) are we talking here? Rough estimate?
Like a couple of other folks on the list, I'm military, so have access =
to the "Auto Craft Shop" on post which has every standard tool one could =
want, lifts, hoists, stands, etc, but its $2/day for the space, and I'm =
pretty sure they'd want me to move it to the storage lot while the parts =
are in the machine shop.
Just wondering, because this is something I'd really rather do myself, =
if nothing else for the experience, not to mention the $$$ factor!
TIA
Dan