Re: One last American car question. (Still no LBC)

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: One last American car question. (Still no LBC)
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:59:27 -0600
OK heres the poop!

C1 53 - 62 Cant remember nick name (Roadster?)

C2 63 - 67 Midyear

C3 68 - 82 Shark (My now 2nd favorite to the C5)

No 83 year model Vette made

C4 84 - 96 ClamShell

C5 97 - Present   No nick names yet, other than
beautiful, and I want one.

<Toggle on Drewl Mode>

The C5 incorprated all the special little unique features from all the C1 -
C4 Vettes and rolled it into in smae way or another into the C5.

The C5 has also made a huge marked improvement in all catagories for the
entire history of Corvette.

You can get a lot of info at:

http://www.vettenet.org

<Toggle off drewl mode>

PS  Trivia

The most powerful engine GM ever made for a production car was for the
Vette between the years of 90 - 95, they made the Vette with the ZR1 engine
which produced 405HP if I'm not mistaken.  It was offered as an upgrade to
the trim package.  Then, Callaway took the engine and added twin tubo
chargers and did more performance enhancements to the engine.  Whew!  They
go for double the price of a new C5.

--
Jay Quinn - Business Systems Analyst
Personal Email: jpquinn@cyberramp.net