Re: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!

To: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Subject: Re: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:51:20 -0600 (MDT)
On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Mike Hartwig wrote:

> Another thing to consider in the purchase of a B, of course, is the massive
> power difference between the CBB and the RBB.  Ergo, the Rover V-8 into the
> '78 B will at least make it more acceptable.
>
> I am beginning to wonder if MGs are everything I'm after.  I like power and
> handling.  I am thinking of buying a Porsche.  Can anyone talk me out of
> this.  I like most of the MG drivers out there, and I shudder to think of
> the assholes who drive Porsches. But I like power and handling and a B just
> don't cut it in those categories.

Have you put a V8 in the 78 yet?  Should be able to get plenty of power.
And I think Bs can be made to handle pretty well.  That silver one in
British Car magazine a few months back looked like it was pretty sticky.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA

1960 MGA           "Baby"