Re: O.D. - to clutch or not to clutch...

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: O.D. - to clutch or not to clutch...
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 22:47:51 -0800
Gee, can't we find something better to argue about?  I mean come on, using
the clutch or not with OD is pretty inane ;)

In a blatant attempt to change the subject,

My 66 has a later all-sync OD tranny shoehorned in.  It works great except
the only way to get it OUT of overdrive once its turned on is to turn off
the switch no matter what the load on the engine may be (bogging down, etc)

Is that normal?  I recently had the tranny oil replaced and the filter
cleaned, etc.  Could it be a result of the "incorrect" mating?

Just curious.  It doesn't really bother me, I only use it on the autobahn
(I-5, might as well be).

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key