Re: list of helpers for trip

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: list of helpers for trip
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:20:58 -0800
There seems to be a lot of interest in this idea, and I would be willing to
help as well, so I was thinking of creating a new list on my web site where
you could enter your information and be added to a list that could be
printed out for when you go travelling or to hang on your wall or whatever.

Any opinions on whether the list should be restricted in any way?  Anyone
concerned about privacy issues like the fact that your phone number will
be on a web page?  Just soliciting opinions so I have a good idea for the
design.

I'm thinking the following fields for the database, perhaps someone who
has the VTR can describe what is listed and how, and what is useful and
what isn't:

Name
Phone Number 1
Phone Number 2 (optional, ie work phone or cell)
Availability (ie: I'm at work 9-5 mon-fri)
Country
State or Province
City
Coverage (ie: I can come help as far east as Hope and north as Whistler)
Comments (ie: I have a towtruck)
Password (change your contact information later or delete yourself)

I'd probably be able to hack it together this weekend.

Skye "database wizard" Poier

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key