Re: Visors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Visors
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:52:28 -0400
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>

>Mine were fitted on my '73 until I took them out to refurbish them. They're
>only useful occasionally, but the car came from the factory with them, so I
>intend to keep them there.
>I'm 5'10" and I wouldn't use them except n those rare occasions when the sun
>is right in your face. Come to think of it, with the top down, they work
>flipped all the way UP better than down sometimes!
>Dan
>73 B
>
>>I would be really fascinated to know if any/many actually have these sun
>>visors a) fitted; and b) ever in the 'down' position?
>>
>>My 'B didn't have visors when I bought her but I can't imagine using
>>them, either...<snip>
>>
>>Eric
>>'68MGB MkII (with another 10 months of grace)

I am 6'1" and every morning driving to work, I use the visor in the down
position on my 76 B.  The 67 has no visors - which is a powerful reason for
not driving it daily.  I encounter a 3-4 mile stretch of 8 am bright
sunlight which, without the visor, is extremely blinding.  Maybe if I put
new webbing in the seats, I'll sit high enough to eliminate this problem,
but the seatsdon't  seem to sag much, if at all.

I agree with Dan,  in that sometimes with top down, I need them - in the up
position!

Allen

*    Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<         *
*    Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs *
*    New Castle, VA 24127                       *
*    USA                                        *
*    540/544-7333                               *