Re: Bolt sizes generally needed for MGB engine rebuild

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>,
Subject: Re: Bolt sizes generally needed for MGB engine rebuild
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:40:34 -0700
Thanks everyone for the input.  The big weekend is this one, May 17 & 18,
when the engine I've been working on machining and getting parts for goes
back together.  I've spent the last week or more poring over every parts
catalogue I own, trying to make sure I have everything.  This has certainly
been a learning experience, and one which I had no idea could be so
detailed and absorbing.  The real problem is when to stop buying things and
just go for it.  That and I guess, even though I haven't experienced it
yet, first start-up.  Between the engine, and the new O/D transmission, I'm
going to be looking forward to that first ride after it's all sorted out.
Of course, I do have to bleed these brakes so that I have a clutch and
stopping power, but I've done it once, and this time, taking the master
cylinder off and replacing it seem somewhat easy.  I'm slow, but getting
it.  Hooray for the list.                    Thanks, Nina