Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: neilc@tradesrv.com.au, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: JRLNJ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:28:15 EDT
Neil,
I suspect you're dealing with Gullwing Motorcars in LIC?  Although they
advertise a large stock of DIY restoration projects, one Healey club member
bought an outstanding Jag 2+2 from them last year.  He told them to hold it
for him, and when he arrived, it was every bit as good as they had described
it.
As far as the title: New Jersey  and New York are similar, the document is
printed by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, on fine quality paper, the
borders of the document have elaborately engraved scrollwork.  It has all the
vehicle description on the front, including Vehicle Identification Number,
maufacturer, year, body type, and number of previous owners(sometimes in code
by letters, ie. 'C' =3 owners).
On the back of the paper are the directions for transferring the title to the
next owner, and reporting the sale to the state.
You can register any car older than 20 years, without ever having a "road
worthiness" inspection.  Thus, it could be registered, stored, and insured
against loss, while being unused for decades.
I hope this helps.
If you run into my friend Mario Argenti in Sydney, say hello for me.
Ray Lynch
BJ8
MGB