Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:41:04 -0700
Neil, you'd be surprised how few US jurisdictions have any vehicle
inspection requirement. As long as they are collecting money, most states
don't seem to care what kind of junk is on the roads. And many states
actually penalize you for not paying the registration on a non-running
car.

But the registration tag is not a title, not if it has an expiration
date. It is merely the annual registration renewal receipt. I'm not
familiar with what a NY or Alabama title would consist of, or what
Australian regulations might be, but I would think you should ask your
dealer to provide a title, to avoid any problems.

Neil Cotty had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149