Re: Screw Extractor

To: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Subject: Re: Screw Extractor
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 22:08:06 -0400
Well gone and done it now.  the extractor broke off in the hole.  Thought I
was going easy, had soaked the thing in PB blaster and was turning it by hand
so as not to break it or create metal shavings.  I guess, as one wag
suggested,  I need to pull the thing off and take it to a machine shop.  Have
started to pull the caliper off and it does not want to budge.
I am getting pretty close to selling the car, I am not beaten yet, but the
tide of battle is turning against me.  This is my third MG and undoubtedly the
hardest one yet to get on the road.   I wanted a challenge and boy did I get
one with the MGC.
I think I will go work on my TD for a while and let this beast sit.
THANKS!
MIKE R