Re: Screw Extractor

To: mrazor@kih.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Screw Extractor
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:32:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/99 10:10:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mrazor@kih.net
writes:

<< I guess, as one wag
 suggested,  I need to pull the thing off and take it to a machine shop.  Have
 started to pull the caliper off and it does not want to budge. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OOOOO!  Mike called Ed Kaler a WAG!

If the bleed screw is that bad, think of what the pistons look like.  It
sounds like its time to buy some rebuilts.

What doesn't budge?  If you can't get the mounting bolts off there may be
locking tabs.  Make sure they are bent out of the way.  If the bolts are out,
the caliper should move easily off.  If not, you must have a car that was
sitting in water for a long time.

Use some WD40 and a stiff brush to clean off all the crud so you can see what
you are doing.  Or use a pressure washer if you have one.  I had trouble
finding the locking tabs on my Midget until I cleaned it all up.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport