Re: Let's try again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Let's try again
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:25:34 +0000
Jason Dutt wrote:

> Is there a verdict on where the needle SHOULD be?

Well for me, I have absolutely no idea (in degrees C or F) what
temperature my engine should or should not run at.

I have always taken my guage markings to mean (N)ormal and (H)igh or
(H)ot.  These make me happy because in regular driving (or even in HOT
weather but as long as I am moving) the needle sits around the (N)
marker.  When I stop or am heavy traffic she will go up to half way
between (N) and (H).  Of course after a bit of hard driving in hot
weather and with less attention to fluids than I should have, she will
go higher up the scale.

Generally I worry over that 75% mark... and generally I am proven
correct to worry (fluids down).

(N) is normal for me.

Eric
'68MGB MkII