Re: Let's try again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Let's try again
From: Craig Perry <cperry@fw.waterpik.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 12:48:56 -0600
I have to agree with (N)ormal and (H)ot.  My 69 B would get over between the N
& H in hot weather stop/go traffic.  Since I didn't know actual temp, I bought
a candy baking thermomoter
and opened the Rad cap and stuck the therm in while engine idling. When the
gauge was about half way between the N & H, the thermomoter was reading about
205 F.  Which helped ease my worries some. I still don't like to see the gauge
up over the N, but at least I know it isn't as hot as it looks!  I have
installed an auxillary electric fan (pusher) with a switch on the dash to
operate. I turn this on during town driving on hotter days, and it keeps the
temp needle right around the N.
Craig
'69 B,  '77 911S