Re: MG's & Cell Phones

To: SpuriousV8@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG's & Cell Phones
From: dwilkins@wcta.net (Don Wilkins)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:25:10 GMT
On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:25:52 EDT, you wrote:

>Hey Tom,,
>           I would have titled this one as Cell Phones and any car, But I do
>consider my cell phone a must carry tool in my MG also. I use it when I am
>lost, which I admit happens from time to time.

I drive weekends with my sweet gnaedige Frau and take back roads all
over the state. There is no way I will get lost.

I take my GPS system, my laptop computer, and the deLorme Street Atlas
road map program with me. The GPS system is accurate enough so that I
can find my car in the parking lot and when I enter the coordinates in
the computer it provides my position on the map with disgusting
accuracy.

I also carry my nine disk US telephone directory along in case I need
to locate someone.

All fits nicely behind the seat along with the cooler with snacks and
beverage. Two cans of beer, a sandwich, some finger food, and my
gnaedige sweetie make for a nice weekend of exploring back roads.

We can travel anyplace and know how far we are from home (as the crow
flies) as well where we are and how to get to where we want to go.