Re: MG's & Cell Phones

To: <Tomsjetta@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG's & Cell Phones
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 23:56:43 -0400
For what you want it for - try a CB Radio. Can always get a trucker to
call for you after midnight in Bumfu&% North Carolina whan the tranny
fails (Ask me how I know) or anywhere else for that matter.

Larry

>I'm one of those people who  despise cell phones almost as much as SUV's.
>However, breaking down on some remote country road without a payphone
>anywhere in sight also does not appeal to me. Soo, I am "casually"
>considering getting a cell phone just in case the car dies on me and I'm not
>left for dead somewhere. Also, I drive from CT to Lancaster County, PA to
>visit my in-laws once every so often, and anyone who drives 78 past
>Allentown
>knows this is a pretty remote stretch or road, so perhaps this device may
>come in handy there as well.
>
>Anyone else here acquire a cell phone for similar purposes? Has it proven
>worthwhile? Should I bother or is this something I can do without? I'm being
>especially cautious, I'm afraid I'll get one and the next thing I know
>there'll be a GMC Yukon in my driveway.
>
>Tom

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?