Re: Problem with my MG...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem with my MG...
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 18:32:32 -0800
Robert,

It certainly sounds as if one or more bearings have died.

How many miles do you have on that engine? What is your oil pressure?

The '69s and (maybe) 68's were shipped with an unconscionably defective
oil filter which did not deliver oil to the engine until it was running
for 10-15 seconds. If you rebuild the engine, be sure to replace the oil
filter mount with one from a later model car.

Once you have the engine rebuilt and installed a larger hard drive in
your computer, you can come back here and ask which oil filter is best.
:-)

Regards,
Dave Ambrose in San Diego