Re: Problem with my MG...

To: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Problem with my MG...
From: John Cahoon <j_cahoon@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 06:40:06 -0800 (PST)
In my 26 years experience of testing and formulation
oils for automobiles, I have seen much information
about long drain intervals.  My general opinion is
that anything over 3000 miles is asking for trouble.
Short trip drivers should consider 2000 miles as a
better limit.  Anyone using higher mileage for a drain
interval could easily cause premature engine failure.
BTW, the manufacturers care NOT AT ALL if your engine
blows at low mileage.  As long as they meet their EPA
targets, everything is fine with them.  The last
couple of oil standard 'upgrades' have actually been
downgrades leading to cheaper products nad thus
reduced costs to the manufacturers of the vehicles.