Re: No More Speeding, now airbags

To: microdoc@apk.net
Subject: Re: No More Speeding, now airbags
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:28:00 EST
In a message dated 1/5/00 11:11:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, microdoc@apk.net
writes:

<< SRS's may have saved some lives, but they have also been responsible for
breaking the necks of more than a few youngsters, and have injured numerous
adults. >>

You have to read the directions.  Kids should be in the back seat, and seat
belts should be worn by all.  I still see mothers driving with toddlers
STANDING on the front seat, even though this is clearly illegal in PA.  I
guess they just don't love their kids.

I saw a new thing that fills the car with foam on impact.  That would protect
against additional hits, but you probably have to throw the car away after an
accident.

<< The safety devices used in race cars works better IMHO, and the last thing
we need is to be getting punched in the face by George Foreman during an
accident. >>

No question about it.  Funny how competition seat belts are ILLEGAL for
street use in most states.  Can anybody shed some light on that stupid move?

<< Here's hoping none of us nor our loved ones ever need to depend on any
restraint system in any motor vehicle. Safety Fast, damn it!!! >>

I'm with you 100% on this one.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget