Re: Midgets and Sprites

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midgets and Sprites
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 16:41:19 -0800
Mike Gigante had this to say:

>It is pretty unusual for a 'B' to beat a Spridget with a similar level of
>modification
>on the race track and at autox.
>
>The only exceptions are the V8 Bs.
>
>Mike
>'65 Midget racecar
>'59 1380cc Bugeye rally car
>67 BGT road car

This statement seems highly unlikely. As I recall, Bs ran in SCCA E
Production and Sprites ran in G or H. The Group 44 B was highly
competitive in E. Are you saying that *most* Spridgets would have been
competitive in E Production? I personally doubt that any of them would
have been able to run with the E cars, except perhaps at a really tight
circuit with no long straights.

I mean, nice cars, sure, but TNSFCI (There's No Substitute For Cubic
Inches)... (except cubic money, of course, but how much is anyone willing
to spend on a Spridget?).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149