Midgets and Sprites

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midgets and Sprites
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:52:48 EST
<It is pretty unusual for a 'B' to beat a Spridget with a similar level of
modification
on the race track and at autox.
The only exceptions are the V8 Bs.>

Strange but true.
A well done B and a Spridget are closely matched - the Spridget generally
outhandles the B, which in turn is about even with the little 'un on the
straight.

Only on tracks with significant elevation change will the B pull away - at
Westwood in BC, the record time for a B was about a second faster than a
Spridget, entirely due to the long hill. I found the same thing racing at
Laguna Seca - the hill there is enough for me to scoot past the killer
Buggered Eyes with 1275s in them, but on the staight, the pesky things stay
right with me.

Remember, we are talking about race cars done to the 'nines' here - there are
many tepidly tuned Spridgets that are slower than many equally uninspiring
Bs, so at anything less than the top level, anything goes. Hint to B owners,
though, stay away from tight courses against even pretty stock Spridgets!

Bill S.