In search of Better Brakes...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: In search of Better Brakes...
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 16:15:45 -0700
For a '78B

All my other vehicles are '90+, and as much as I love the MG, I must say
that the brakes are quite a change (but of course, similar to what I grew
up with).

I don't mind trying to spend a little to improve them, though I'm not going
to redo the whole system, as the car is currently in one piece and still
being used.  Both Moss and Victoria sell Ventilated Rotors - anyone tried
them?  Opinions from those who know about them?

Also, VB sells a "brake kit" which includes the aforementioned rotors, plus
4-piston calipers, carbon fiber pads, etc.  Thoughts on this
setup?  Alternatives?

Finally, would DOT 4 or DOT 5 be best? (never mind - just joking).  But the
above questions are valid.

TIA,

- Tab