Re: In search of Better Brakes...

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: In search of Better Brakes...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:41:24 -0700
Vented rotors would reduce fade after multiple stops, not improve your
stopping distance (which is what I assume you are interested in). The
calipers might have a significant effect, although I don't know about
carbon fiber pads for street use. Sounds like big bucks, though.

But what is it about your brakes that you feel needs improvement? My
other car is a '67, so maybe I don't know where you're coming from, but I
always felt the brakes were one of the good points about the MGB. Perhaps
yours are not operating at full efficiency due to some subtle problem. Do
you have any MG friends or mechanics who could test them and give you an
informed outside opinion?

Tab Julius had this to say:

--

Max Heim