Re: MGB Tonneau

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:41:25 -0700
1. The tabs usually would have the button-type snaps, not "lift-a-dots".
The idea is you can fold the tonneau down over its support bar, behind
the seat, and snap the tab to male snaps located on the front vertical
surface of the battery box. This holds the tonneau down tight behind the
driver's seat, making for a neat appearance and less wind flapping, and
secures any items on the rear shelf from blowing away.

2. There is always one zipper on each side behind the seat. This needs to
be unzipped in order to perform the operation above, as you can see if
you try it. Certain years have a second zipper, which allows the shoulder
belt to attach on the rear deck while using the tonneau as described
above.

3. New tonneaus are in the $230-250 range.

4. The tonneau works much better in this mode with the bar in place. The
sockets are Moss # 472-330 and are $13.80 apiece.

Hope this helps.

Mike Razor had this to say:

--

Max Heim