Re: MGB Tonneau

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:40:45 -0700
I am *astonished* that anyone runs the seat all the way back on a B. You
must be over 6' 5", I would guess. I have several notches to go, and I'm
6' 1" with a 36" inseam. You must have a fair amount of seatback rake, as
well, since the tonneau bar does not go straight across between the
sockets, but is curved at both ends so it actually runs behind the
leading edge of the battery box shelf. So even if the seat was run all
the way back until it hit the shelf, you'd still have to rake it back to
hit the tonneau bar. At that point I would think you'd need 40 inch
sleeves to reach the steering wheel (and couldn't reach the dash switches
at all). But if that's what works for you...

Andrew B. Lundgren had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149