Re: MGB Tonneau

To: "Carl French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:05:49 -0400
I think the zippers behind the seats are for the seatblets to pass
without obstruction. At least that is what they appear to be for in my
Midget.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 6/25/00 16:03, cfrench@cybertours.com made
the profound statement:

>Mike Razor wrote:
>>
>> Time for another dumb question or so!
>> What are the two tabs in the middle of the tonneau, with lift-a-dot
>> fasteners for?
>
>They are to attach to two matching males on the vertical metal behind
>the seats. This keeps the tonneau snug and cuts down on the flapping at
>speed.
>

>> Second, the two zippers behind each seat?
>
>I have only one mounted each side but they are to make the fit when
>secured underneath
>
>> Third, what would a new tonneau be worth?  Two came with the car, I
>> just repaired and refitted the old one, which is like a new one and I
>> don't see any reason to have two.
>
>I sold one for $75 and it seemed a fair price for an avg used.
>
>> Finally, I was told that the two gray tubes are to support the
>> tonneau, but I don't have the slide-in  mounts for them.
>
>I got the stowaway top and it uses the same mounts. I believe they are
>avail through Moss.
>
>> THANKS!
>> Mike R
> Carl F
>Too Hot and lazy to go the Boston MG show today

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.