Re: My 80 B possibly totalled ins. Qs

To: "Christopher W. Reichle" <creichle@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: My 80 B possibly totalled ins. Qs
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
Chris, I am truly sorry to hear about your accident
but am glad you are apparently unhurt - take solace in
that...

My only experience with accidents and my MG was back
in 1989, when I was rear-ended and then pushed into
the back of a pick-up with a corrugated rear step
bumper. The front of my B became a corrugated front
step bumper! My insurance company (AMICA at the time,
I have Haggerty classic insurance on the car now) gave
me an estimate of about $2100. I waited 5 years to
have the car repaired, and moved twice in the interim,
so when I had the car repaired, it cost me about $3300
(give or take a few hundred for additional work I had
done). What I would have done differently is in
addition to having the original insurance adjuster
appraiser look at the car, is have a qualified MG or
LBC shop provide an estimate as well. BTW, the company
gave me $1500 in 1989 and when I wrote to them for the
remainder after repair in 1994, cheerfully gave me the
$600 they still owed me.

Re: the custom parts - even if they do total it, I
believe you can buy it from them - although I think
you will not get title to it - it may become like a
'salvage' title...

Best of luck to you....

-

=====