Re: MG supercharger

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: MG supercharger
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:12:34 -0800
On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:54:41PM -0500, Ptegler wrote:
> Hi Neil...
> Yep... Hans still lurks here.
>
> Hans did pipe in to me off list after I mentioned
> the estimated price (started this thread) .... with an update $$
>
> $$3170 includes delivery to the US.

Damn, at $3200 I could almost rationalize spending the money. The big
problem being that I'm running 8.8:1 compression, and they say that
the blower works best at 8:1 or lower. I could theoretically lower the
compression by grinding out the compression chamber around the
exhaust, (Darin tells me that in a blown motor one wants to optimize
the exhuast tract rather than the intake) but I suspect that I'd cause
more problems than I'd solve.

I do keep having naughty thoughts about spending money I shouldn't on
one of these. It gets so tiresome when students go blowing past me on
the straights and I get stuck behind them in the turns.

  lrc

--
Honesty and communication are what make a relationship work.
Romance is what makes it play.