Re: Starter questions....

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter questions....
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 21:45:05 -0700
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I have opted just to put a rebuilt on it rather than risk spending the
time swapping the solenoid and then having the brushes go bad.
My functioning starter is of unknown origin/age anyway.

I picked up a lifetime warranty one at local place.  Now if it ever
goes out the price will just go down.  Kinda like the alternator that
has gone down in price 3-4 times now!

On Wed, 02 May 2001 11:22:47 -0400 (EDT), ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> In the end, though, this is largely a moot point which is bad because it is
>just as easy to replace both--they come as a pair.  The price difference is
>rather small of doing just the solenoid.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list