Re: loose bonnet

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: loose bonnet
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:29:24 +1030
Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:

> Eric,
> As one who has experienced that very same thing.."Getting klonked by a bonnet
> that suddenly decided to let go..." all I can recommend for an absolute sure
> fix is to use these things called Dzus fittings.

Hmmm, here is their website... http://www.dzus.co.uk/

Interesting, but I am wary of drilling unnecessary holes in my
'expensive' aluminium bonnet.  Besides (although some of these catches
don't appear to fit into this category) in Australia the 'normal' bonnet
catch, the ones that have a pole sticking up through the bonnet that you
put a pin through, are illegal on our road registered cars.  It seems
they can damage pedestrians who decide to get in your way and slide
across your bonnet.

At the moment, taking my own advice about 'straightening' the normal
bonnet catch, all seems well.  As I said, I have a further failsafe in
place anyway, but it can still wreck your lap time or could lead to an
accident to have a bonnet flapping around even just a couple of inches
up - it is unnerving, distracting and will possibly bend/damage the
aluminimium bonnet as well.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///