loose bonnet

To: <mpountney@primus.com.au>
Subject: loose bonnet
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:58:22 -0800
>an uncommon thing here in Australia) the bonnet opened, thankfuly catching
>on the safety catch. The question is why????The catch spring seems quite
>ight as does the one on the bonnet itself. When its closed there is no play

I haven't heard it mentioned yet so I'll check in here. There are two rubber
'bumper' stops in the fender channel that softens the blow of the hood
coming down. Check these pads....if they are not correctly placed (or have
changed positions), they may keep the bonnet slightly raised only to pop up
later on.

Don't ask how I know this!!

Feliz Navidad y Ano Nuevo!!

Kind regards,