Re: What are the Ramifications of Gasohol

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What are the Ramifications of Gasohol
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:41:04 -0600
Gasohol has been promoted in the plains states since at least the mid-70s.
The ethanol is a mild octane booster and can also help clean out fuel
system deposits.

When I was attending school at the "Harvard of the Plains" (University of
Nebraska), I ran gasohol in my 65B exclusively. Great in the winter because
it also is less prone to fuel line freezing and the car was also picky on
its minimum octane needs due to its higher compression (I think it was
10:1, but definitely not stock). I did have some minor problems in the
summer when it was hot out though - gasohol is more prone to vapor locks
and this car had some aftermarket fuel pump mounted in the engine
compartment near the carbs. Otherwise, I really liked gasohol. Can't find
it here in Montana though or I'd still use it.

David
67 BGT
72 B under constuction