Re: MGB spinon filter adapters

To: David Breneman <idcb@airborne.com>
Subject: Re: MGB spinon filter adapters
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 07:42:14 -0500
>>On the other hand, I shreded a oil filter can on my old Mazda Navajo
>>and had to turn it's base 1/16 in at a time. Talk about your 3 hour
>>oil changes.
>>

> Been there!  In fact, several times.  Once had to pound a
> screwdriver through the side of a spin-on filter and use that
> to remove it when the friend I was helping change his oil didn't
> have an oil filter wrench of the right type.
>
>   :-)

Right, that's what I did. But there wasn't enough room for the
screwdriver and it tore the can. I couldn't bend the base of the
can after I'd cut away all of it's side. So I had to stick a screwdriver
through a hole into a little depression in the block of the engine and
pry it, it would move what was left of the filter 1/16 of an inch.
Finally, after enough pressure was off the rubber, I was able to get
it off.

I never changed oil in that stupid truck again. I took it to Rapid Oil
Change. I think I may put filters on too tight. :-)

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155