Re: MGB spinon filter adapters

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>,
Subject: Re: MGB spinon filter adapters
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:45:33 -0500
> Ok, so which brand of spin-on filters have the built-in valve?

   You can use a filter with a non-return valve or a 'stand-pipe',
depending upon how the filter mounts.  Each filter is different.
This is just a matter of matching the filter to the application.
   I use only Baldwin filters on my 308.  They are an industrial
supplier.  The 308 holds 100psi oil pressure when cold and at
operating revs, 60psi hot at idle!  These numbers are 'typical'.
It needs a mechanically 'strong' filter as the Ferrari oil pump is
known to be a fire pump -- high volume at high pressure!  The
factory uses UFI brand but they recently had a rash of failures
caused by a flaw in the sealing "D" ring.   Baldwin works great
for me.

http://www.baldwinfilter.com/products/lube.html

   No connection other than being a customer.

Rick