Re: Hobby in decline?

To: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hobby in decline?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:34:22 -0400
Well,

With rear wheel drive in the weather up here (central New Hampshire), it's
not even a question of comfort, but a question of safety.  They also use
salt, so for that reason I wouldn't do it for the car's sake, but for my
sake in bad weather, I want something safer.

On a nice day, if the roads are clear, I have (and will) go out in the
B.  But for something other than clear weather, I'm not going to be driving
any rear-wheel-drive car, particularly not one so small and vulnerable as
the B.  There are too many dangerous situations, and even if I'm okay with
MY driving, I've seen too many idiots in 4WD SUVs think they're invincible,
and I don't need to get broadsided by some idiot.  I used to have a Toyota
Paseo, which I always felt vulnerable in too, and a Caravan which was
better, but the Saab is the only thing I'll now drive if the weather looks
like it's going to be nasty.

- Tab