Re: Can't get Ujoint off Steering Column

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Can't get Ujoint off Steering Column
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:57:20 +0100
If, as previously said, the UJ is sliding on the splined shaft then the
bolts must already be out - they need to be.  If it still won't come off the
splines with the rack pulled forward then there must be something physical
stopping it like damage to the end of the shafts, perhaps where some PO has
been levering at it?