Re: Rubber Bumper B owners unite!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B owners unite!
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:40:27 -0600
> How much interest would you have in a 50% increase in horsepower that
would
> cost somewhere around the 3 grand range?
>
> I'm having an argument about whether owners of these cars are interested
in
> spending money on performance items.  My oponent believes that since the
> cars do not have a high resale value, the owners arn't likely to spend
that
> kind of money.  I would like to prove them wrong.

Kelvin -

Probably a broad spectrum of folks you'd be looking at.  As a RBB owner,
I've never found the power of the car to be all that terrible.  In most
traffic situations, it's still easy to move off the line faster than most
people in their slushmobiles bother to.  On rural roads, it's fun as is.

While I like to add more performance when I can, at this point I have to
focus my efforts on other priorities, so a $3K package would definitely be
out of my reach.
That said, I'm sure there are folks out there who would spend it.

As someone else mentioned, I think it would be useful to create a stepped
set of performance enhancements that really work.  Lots of performance
products are out there, but it seems that most people aren't aware of what
they should use for their given situation and goals.