Re: Rubber Bumper B owners unite!

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B owners unite!
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:41:14 -0500
Kelvin,

I have a '78 B with a professionally rebuilt engine, and it's great, but
lacking that rebuild, I'd be *maybe* willing if I knew it would be a full
engine rebuild with a 50% power improvement.  If it was some add-on for
power without replacing the engine, then no way.  The RBBs don't have quite
the value staying power that the CBBs have, and that's a fact of life, no
matter what the horsepower.

On the other hand, any of these are proving popular given the paucity of
quality in today's machines.  That said, a CBB will probably still rate
over a RBB.  People who buy RBBs probably like the later features, the less
rust, and the style, and the horsepower probably doesn't play into it that
much.

- Tab
'78 B
'96 Saab Conv.
'83 Ford Ranger piece-of-shit-but-still-runs