Re: Cheap Tools

To: ct-mg@cthompson.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cheap Tools
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:48:44 EDT
In a message dated 6/5/03 11:55:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ct-mg@cthompson.com writes:

> But, am I crazy here? When are cheap tools OK? I could have bought ten of
> these angle grinders and tossed them when they broke before I spent as much
> as the grinder at HD.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Your father is not wrong.  You should always buy the best tools you can
afford.  But, you should also be efficient in your purchases, and look for
bargains.  These Chinese angle grinders sell for $5.99 at the Carlisle flea
market.
It is not a bad idea to have several with different grinders and brushes ready
to go.  It saves a lot of time in the shop.  And, as you said, they are
disposable.

Caution on cheap grinding wheels.  They can break apart and throw pieces.
WEAR EYE PROTECTION!  I buy wheels and grinders from the same tent and
everything fits fine.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)