Re: Cheap Tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cheap Tools
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:09:58 -0400
Re: Your preference for S-K:  The reason I'm bitter about my kids losing my
tools is that when I was a starving student in Florida in 72, trying to
maintain my '68 B-GT on pennies and dimes--car was bought while I was in the
Army and had money--I went to a thrift shop and lucked into an S-K set so cheap
even I could afford it.  I used that set through thick and thin, lots of jobs
and lots of cars, including my current crop, but just a couple of months ago,
after 31 years, the ratchet went missing.  I thought it was great.  I hit it
with hammers, I jumped up and down on it, nothing bothered it.  But now it's
gone and I've got Craftsman, which are OK, but I miss my S-K ratchet.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang