Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com, s_debaker@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:44:46 -0700
Albert,

While I understand some people get attracted to cars that would appear to
most as mundane and pedantic I cannot see why, if power is what you want,
you do not go the MGB V8 route.  The C is a pig  even if you have been
fortunate enough to have had it "sorted".  It is in the same category as
the XK120 - heavy and ponderous.    The MGB V8, by all accounts, has the
traditional MGB fits-like-a-glove driving and balanced handling but with
considerably more power.

At 09:19 AM 8/11/2003 -0400, Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/10/2003 1:17:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>s_debaker@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > If the reason is not extremely personal, I am curious about your desire
> for
> > a "C" particularly.....(?)
>
>More Power, More Power, More Power are the top three reasons that I'd buy an
>MGC or MGC-GT. Oh yeah, that and the fact that they are fast becoming a
>highly
>desirable collectible due to the small number of MGC's ever built. (about
>9,000 MGB's & MGC-GT's)
>-=Safety-Fast=-
>Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
>Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)