Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:03:17 -0700 (PDT)
Dean T. Lake SEZ -
> Strike that.  Reverse it.  I meant UNdeniably a glorious experience.

And here I thought you were baiting me!  :-)  Seriously, I had a
1968 MGB roadster as my daily driver from 1977-1984 and when I get
my MGA back on the road I intend to use it, at least in decent
weather, for most trips where the added capacity of the Evil Dolphin-
Choking SUV isn't necessary.  Since that MGB was my first car, I
naturally consider open motoring to be life's premiere automotive
experience, and a closed car as just an annoying concession made to
stultifying practicality.  I have driven MGB GTs, and they're fine
cars!  One experience I had with a GT, that would not have happened
with a roadster, involved my helping a friend push-start his aunt's
GT.  Although he had driven a standard transmission for years, no one
had ever told him you push start a car in at least second gear.
He's in the car steering, and I'm in back running like hell to get it
up to speed.  He pops the clutch, and the car comes to an instant
stop.  I roll up the back, across the top and down the hood to
land on the pavement in front of the car.  Good thing it didn't
start!  With a roadster, I'd have ended up safely in the passenger's
seat, although probably with my head in the foot well.

   :-)

--
David Breneman                     | "I don't care to belong to a club
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  that accepts people like me