Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:08:30 -0700
It does rather sound like you got the wrong shoes. Perhaps the manufacturer
mixed up two similar cores.

I know one used to be able to ask for either riveted or glued shoes. I
suspect improvements in bonding technology have made rivets more or less
obsolete. Consider that glued shoes have more braking surface, and more
wearable depth, and also do not put deep grooves in the drum first thing
when they wear out.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149