Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:42:33 +0100
None.  I always park with the handbrake on, and I do find that every few
years I notice it starts going an extra click, so at the next service I
adjust it at the lever after doing the drums.  This year on the V8 (which
inherited the cable from the roadster after I had swapped the roadster rear
axle and the V8 cable broke)  I found I had got to the end of the adjustment
but it still had more travel that I would have liked.  All the visible cable
was sound, so I crimped a 1" sleeve around the inner of the main cable at
the diff end and got plenty of adjustment back again.

PaulH.