Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?

To: bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:03:46 -0400
Bob,
  Paul was describing a repair to worn areas of the levers. Because of
the set up involved, a small bit of wear at the pivot will have a great
effect on operation of the handbrake.
  But yes, there _may_  be a tiny bit of adjustment in the cable.
Slither under the car and see if there is any room left for the nut to be
turned down on the threaded end of the cable.  Seats remain in place for
this task. It does not seem to be intended to be an operating adjustment,
the adjustment of the brake shoes usually being adequate to get the
handbrake right, but it can serve to take up a little stretch in the
cable and wear in the levers.