Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Problem Solved - Help, What did I do wrong?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:11:00 -0700
on 9/9/03 11:11 AM, Bob D. at bobmgtd@insightbb.com wrote:

> I wasn't aware the handbrake was adjustable, the shop manual just implies
> the handbrake will be right after the shoe adjuster is set. Do you have to
> take the passenger seat out to make this adjustment?
>
> Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
> Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
> 52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336

The MGB handbrake is adjustable via a nut on the cable itself, to be found
pretty much dead center under the car. Unless the rear brakes are already
adjusted pretty tight, playing with this adjustment will be futile -- it's
more or less intended just to take up stretch in the cable, and it's very
slow going. I don't know if there is any adjustment to be made at the lever
from inside the car.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149