RE: MGB Engine Removal

To: twobees@sprynet.com, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB Engine Removal
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:52:32 +0000
Norm,
I'd like to agree and disagree.  I have removed and replaced engines both
ways.  I have had success with just the engine coming out and had problems
that just dumbfounded me. I think it is a crap shoot, and I had all the
right tools etc. to do the job.  MG's are MG's, things can be going along
great and all of a sudden a snaffu. Go figure. I think it is a curse from
Ghandi or something (-:
Jim

& replaced (R&R'd) my MGB engine 4 or 5 times.  Got the time down to about 4
hours total (1-1/2 out, 2-1/2 in).  Also did the BMC 948 in the Turner
twice.  At no time did I have any help.  So, here's my Two-cents: