Re: MGB Engine Removal

To: James Schulte <schultejim@msn.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Engine Removal
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:09:33 -0600
   If, when you pull the engine out, you make sure to get the lift angle
on the engine such that the engine slips off of the clutch/pilot shaft
smoothly, instead of having to be pried off, it makes reassembly much
easier.  What you do is make sure you suspend the engine at the same
angle as you did when you removed it.  Of course it goes without saying
that using a dummy pilot shaft (AKA clutch alignment tool) to align the
clutch disk precisely with the pilot bushing is a must.

   Cheers,

    CR